Top Dog Test Form
When you buy new test equipment, you are covered by the manufacturer’s own warranty. If your unit needs to be repaired, send it back to the manufacturer and they will return it to you after performing the necessary maintenance. The length of warranty varies among the manufacturers. Check with your Top Dog Test sales representative for details.
There is a 7 day right of return for most items. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason you may return it during the 7 day period. The length of each warranty varies depending on the type of product you purchase. If your refurbished unit malfunctions at any time during its warranty period, Top Dog Test’s lab will fix it for you. The customer is responsible for shipping the unit back to Top Dog Test; we will cover shipping costs to return it to you. Extended warranties are available for 1% of the purchase price per month for up to 12 additional months.
The most typical problem is equipment that is damaged in transit. If you notice any evidence of rough handling, please take pictures of the carton and notify your freight forwarder. If you encounter a problem with our equipment that is clearly not the result of freight damage:
- Please notify your salesperson by phone or fax immediately, providing us with a detailed description of the problem.
- Expect to spend some time on the phone with our technical support staff. Often a problem is caused by operator error and the problem can be addressed over the phone. If not, we will provide you with an RMA number authorizing you to return the unit to us.
- Once you have received an RMA (see above), the customer is responsible for shipping the unit to Top Dog Test. You should insure the unit for its full value. After repairing the unit, Top Dog Test will pay freight charges on returning the product. In the rare instance when we are neither able to repair nor replace the item, Top Dog Test will issue a refund.
Top Dog Test will use reasonable efforts to perform the Services and meet estimated shipment dates, but will not be liable for delays. Top Dog Test will ship all Products for Sales and Rental transactions in its standard containers using a carrier or forwarding agent chosen by the customer. If the customer doesn’t have a designated carrier Top Dog Test will use their standard carrier. All such Product shipments from Top Dog Test will be delivered F.O.B. Origin, or Top Dog Test’s shipping location. Customer bears all risk of loss for such shipments from and after the time of delivery to the carrier or forwarding agent, including while in transit to or from Top Dog Test following rejection or a warranty claim. Except as indicated in any applicable warranty, Customer will pay or reimburse all such freight, insurance, customs and duty charges and other shipping expenses, including any special packing expenses, whether the Products are being shipped to or from Customer and agree to return the products “Free Domicile” when returning the products to Top Dog Test. Customer agrees to insure each such Product against loss or damage, at all times from the point of shipment until Top Dog Test’s receipt upon its return or, if applicable, full payment of the purchase price. Such insurance must be in an amount at least equal to the replacement value of the unit or, if higher, the purchase price of the unit. Customer will furnish proof of such insurance to Top Dog Test upon request.
1. Title, ownership and interest remains with TEST AND MEASUREMENT PARTS, INC DBA TOP DOG TEST (Top Dog Test) at all times, regardless of possession. TOP DOG TEST shall maintain the equipment free of all encumbrances.
2. The amount of the monthly rental fee will be set by TOP DOG TEST with payment on terms as agreed. Rentals are shipped FOB our facility and must be returned prepaid and insured to TOP DOG TEST upon termination of this agreement or expiration of any purchase order. Customer is responsible for all taxes and governmental charges in connection with the rental, possession or use of the equipment. Upon demand, customer must surrender equipment to TOP DOG TEST if payment is not received per terms.
3. Rental terms begin the date of original shipment and shall continue until the subject equipment is received in our facility, in total, whether or not Lessee has issued additional purchase orders to cover the rental period.
4. If within 72 hours of scheduled shipment date, Customer issues a change order which, or in any other way, causes delay or cancels an order, Customer will be charged all shipping, handling, and calibration costs incurred by TOP DOG TEST, in addition to a restocking charge of 25% of the monthly rental price. Once the equipment is shipped, Customer is responsible for the full rental amount of the agreed rental term, subject to any offset of rental of the same equipment to another customer, of which TOP DOG TEST shall make reasonable efforts to so do.
5. Unless Customer gives written notice to TOP DOG TEST of any defect within 3 business days of receipt of the rental item(s), it shall be conclusively presumed that the item was delivered in working order and good condition.
6. TOP DOG TEST warrants that rented equipment meets manufacturer’s specifications. No other warranty is expressed or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose shall apply to equipment furnished by us. TOP DOG TEST’S sole responsibility is to repair or replace any defective equipment.
7. It is the responsibility of the Customer to return equipment to TOP DOG TEST in the same condition it was received, normal wear and tear excepted. Manuals, cables, and all other accessories not returned will be charged to customer at current replacement cost. Customer is responsible for loss or damage to equipment from theft, disappearance, fire, or any other cause. Customer agrees to pay TOP DOG TEST new replacement cost of any such equipment, which for any reason, Customer is unable to return. Customer agrees that rental charges will continue until equipment is received by TOP DOG TEST or payment
is received for the new replacement cost.
8. In the event of default by Customer of any of the above terms and conditions, TOP DOG TEST shall be entitled to immediate possession of the equipment.
9. Customer shall maintain all rental equipment at the facility disclosed on their purchase order, or other documentation indicating the location of the equipment, And may not move said equipment without first notifying TOP DOG TEST, and obtaining written permission thereto.
10. This agreement between Customer and TOP DOG TEST is governed under the laws of with the State of California. Customer agrees that proper venue for any legal proceeding concerning the rental shall be in the County of Alameda, State of California. Customer agrees to pay to TOP DOG TEST all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by TOP DOG TEST in exercising any of its rights or remedies with regard to the rental or enforcement of any of the terms and conditions.